The Oil Drum: New York City

Helping New Yorkers understand, prepare and adapt to the implications of Peak Oil

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Green continuing ed at CUNY

Hi everyone! I decided to join PeakOilNYC, since I kept sending Peakguy ideas for posts. It didn't seem fair making him do my work for me, so here I am. You probably already know this, but I'm also a regular poster at The Oil Drum, so if you don't already read us over there, come on over!

Today I want to let you know about some interesting continuing education workshops at CUNY Graduate Center (5th Ave at 34th St.) that are open to the public. Though not free in most cases, they are usually only a session or two, are reasonably priced and might be a good way to learn more about sustainability, green design, and the organic food chain.

  • Sustainable Future. These classes include Ten Principles for Successful Development Around Transit, Introduction to Sustainability, and The Bioregional Approach to Sustainable Cities, among others.
  • Architecture, Design, and Planning. Learn about green building design, photovoltaics in buildings, and sustainable construction.
  • Food Matters. These courses focus on organic vs. local, and how food systems impact the urban environment.
I'm thinking about taking the series called Beyond Farmer's Markets: Putting Food Systems on the Urban Map, since I'm especially interested in how an environment like a city, which obviously doesn't have agricultural capacity, will fare in the future.

, , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home