The Oil Drum: New York City

Helping New Yorkers understand, prepare and adapt to the implications of Peak Oil

Monday, July 18, 2005

Emailing from the 2nd Avenue Bus

Ok, I'm doing this mostly for the coolness factor - I have a wireless email
device (Blackberry) and it appears as if I can update the blog from email.
So now I can post from anywhere!

Let me just say here now that I would bike to work if 2nd Aveune wasn't a
total death trap - cars flying in all directions, moving & delivery trucks
stopping short, minivans loading up kids (yes even in Manhattan). The buses
on the right side of the road make it nearly impossible for a biker to
operate in that lane and the left lane is pretty dangerous too, although
that's where the few, brave 2 wheelers seem to gravitate toward.

It's such a shame too, because my office is only 2 miles away from my
apartment. Then there are the storage parking, issues, etc. So even though I
live in a flat area where everything I need is only a few minutes by bike,
biking is really not too feasible.

But if you have the guts, here's a group that can help.



1 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Ianqui said...

Hey there. Also take a look at Transportation Alternatives. They're trying to make the city more bike-friendly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home